Monday 21 November 2011

STRANGE FRIENDSHIP........(Roshan Giri)

strange friendship

Everyday I woke up with a request to God, the same one again and again,” Please god not today again.” The same as I did to my supervisor.

The request I was doing was about me and my partner (colleague) requesting not to work with her. If I have to introduce her then I would say the most arrogant, proud, selfish, self-centered, hatred and so on and at last my colleague, my partner Elisa (Changed name). But none of them (God and Supervisor) listened to it; the only difference was that supervisor showed me various reasons that compelled to work with her. Every morning I would go to get my assignment with a big smile and hope and ultimately when I heard that I will again be working the day with her, I just zipped my smiling lips and take a deep breath wondering how the day is going to pass. In this way my day begun heavy hearted thinking I was the most unlucky person in this whole world as I have to work with her.

The conversation I had everyday in the beginning of the day,
Me (with unwanted and forceful smile): Hi, how are you this morning? 
She (with angry face and forceful smile): You are again late. I have been waiting you since one hour. Let’s go.

We were working together so in spite of our hate we needed to walk together and be together every moment during the whole day. Again when we were about to start she and me
She: Did you take bath today? 
Me (to make her angry): No, I didn’t. I will bath in the evening when I get rid of you. 

In some mornings when I used a bit more of the deodorant and perfume
She: You smell good today I like this fragrance. I guess you have taken bath today.
Me: No, I didn’t bath today. My body was giving a bad smell because of too much sweat so I just used more of deodorant.

She would act upset and I used to enjoy. Like this we used to chat trying to poke each other. I don’t know from when I enjoyed our conversation and enjoyed to talk with her every second. But still I hated her and waited for the moment, when her friend (our colleague) would come and I would get rid of her.

In course of conversation, when I talked and acted crazy with her
She: You are such a freak. I hate you and wish never to look at you.
Me: But I love you though you are such a evil witch.

She became even more annoyed and angry as if she is ready to kill me and I just smiled and laughed at her face being happy that she getting angry and upset. And when her friend (our colleague) came I ran to her and
Me: Please save me from this witch, she is going to kill me and eat me alive.
Her friend (with a smiling face): Why? What happened? She is not that bad. 

After her friend joined us I just took her (Elisa’s friend) with me and let her (Elisa) be alone. In this way time passed by day by day to months and now I was habituated and used to her and her arrogance didn’t bothered me much. In a way, we were nominal friends by now. I didn’t know much about her but slowly we were starting to understand and know each other. I came to know that she was married and had a son too. I also told her about me as a friend and now we had become good friends. Now she said me laughingly, “I hate you.” As soon as she said this I reply her saying,” But I love you witch.” And we both laughed at each other. All other staff in the firm thought and said that we (me and her) are in love and are boyfriend and girlfriend as we always used to work together, walk together, and go for lunch together and always joking and laughing together. She used to wait for me when I was late and I waited her when she was late. In any moment if someone saw me alone they asked me,” where is your Elisa, your partner and also your beloved? “and I just said,” I don’t where that witch has gone.” And same was with her by my fellow friends if she was alone.

As the days were passing, we enjoyed each other’s company. A doom day came, as usual we were chatting and she was enjoying pretending become my boss. I don’t know why I was annoyed and shouted at her in harsh voice and said,” You are not my boss and don’t act as if you know everything you arrogant witch.” She was hurt and went without saying a word. Then next day when we saw each other we just ignored each other and gave each other devilish looks. Like this two days passed, I felt bored and day too long and tiresome and she was also in the same situation. In fourth day she called me alone 
She: I am sorry, I should not have acted like that but I was in bad mood and you also acted like that. Anyway I am sorry and now can we be friends like before? 
Me: No I am sorry because I should not have shouted at you like that. And of course we 
are friends and be friends forever.
She: I was too sad and angry when you ignored me like that during these two days.
Me: Me too.
She (in soft voice): hey freak! I love you.
Me (pretending didn’t hear anything): what did you say? I didn’t hear you.
She (smilingly): I said I love you, you freak.

We both laughed and our friendship got even stronger and tighter and now when I said her” I love you.” She replied, “I love you too.” And when I said it again she said,” I hate you.” And we both laughed. She will be the only girl to whom I have said Fifty times (in minimum) that,” I love you.” everyday. And think now will not say even to my girlfriend or wife. I don’t know from when I had started to love her and those jokes turned to reality and I guess she also loved me too above friendship though we both know that she was a married lady and our love was obviously impossible. And by now we started to share our joy and sorrow like boyfriend and girlfriend .Once when we were alone she got a call from somebody and cried, but I didn’t bothered to ask her respecting her privacy and she asked me,” Am I alright? Am I looking alright?” I replied,” No, you don’t look ok cry some more and you will be okay.” And she did cry and wiped her tears. While we were in recess I just try to sleep and take some rest then she woke me and then she slept I just stared at her sleeping like a baby. Then a song played in my heart 

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you…..

After I also knew that she was pregnant then cared and in a way loved her more and tried to fulfill her all wish that I could do as much as possible. We both knew we had crush on each other but tried to conceal it. Then the day came I left the job without any prior information coz I knew if this goes further we will be hurt more deeply. Neither had I said I am going nor I said goodbye. I don’t know if I will ever see and meet her again in my life, hope never but she is and will always be my best friend ever. This song always plays in my heart whenever I remember her and miss her….. 

Continue from above…..
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

I am a dreamer and when i wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.


roshan giri

No comments:

Post a Comment