Monday 21 November 2011

MY NEIGHBOURHOOD IN 5 YEARS (Roshan Giri)

My neighborhood in 5 years

It seems like yesterday that I was playing with my mates
Now I feel that it was just the fate

I have returned after five years of solitary life
But now I can realize and only take a sigh

Those playgrounds of ours has turned into a big Mansion
Where we used to play like the Simpson

The little cute angles have grownup into the bombshells
That is ready to blast and compel me to whistle
The same ones who used to sing the rhymes
Are now writing the lyrics of Eminem,” I am not afraid”

Those hooligans who used to be in rugged jeans and of whom we used to fear of
Has now turned into the responsible citizens with formal shirts

The trees that once used to be the main place of hide and seek
Are now limited within the doors and windows

The kids who used to play with sticks and leaves
Are now running with the swords and knives

I had heard that time and tide waits for none
But I had forgot that I was one of the none
I had never dreamt that I would be just staring at the neighborhood as today
The same place where I was playing, running and laughing yesterday

Now I have only history of my childhood to say
Which are in my memories forever to stay…

Roshan Giri

No comments:

Post a Comment